The 4 Stages to Getting Hooked:
- Variable Reward
Trigger – Prompt the User to Take Action
- External Triggers: Paid Advertising, Public Relations, Email Invitations
- Internal Triggers: Getting on Social Media and / or YouTube because you are bored
Action – Promise a Reward and How to Get It
- Number the Steps: 1) click the link. 2) get the reward
- Action Must Be: streamlined, delightful, and simple
- Action Must Be Easier to Do than Thinking; we perform habits without thinking
Variable Reward – The Reward Must be Changing
- Consumers start anticipating the same reward and lose interest
Investment – Ask for Small Investments or Donations
- Make Their Contribution Personal
- Make Consumers Work for More Value
- We Overvalue our Own Work – Thinking We Did More than We Did
The IKEA Effect
- We value the product more because we assembled it on our own, with our own skills and abilities, using our own time and effort.
“Painkiller Products” and “Pain Points”
- You don’t need to create a revolutionary product; just master the Art of Hooking
Thank you for reading today’s Book of the Day Review and Summary from Stephen Diagram https://stephendiagram.com/ 150 Best Book Reviews of All Time
Join us in our journey toward Health, Wealth, Love and Happiness
150 Best Book Reviews of All Time
You can help support, and keep us going through the WEBSTORE tab.
Your comments are always appreciated; lets start a discussion!