mBraining: Using your Multiple Brains to do Cool Stuff by Grant Soosalu and Marvin Oka
Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
You have three brains: the Heart Brain, the Gut Brain and the Head Brain.
- Heart Brain: Emoting, Relational Affect, Values
- Gut Brain: Mobilization, Self-Preservation, Core Identity
- Head Brain: Cognitive Perception, Thinking, Making Meaning
Each Brain’s Highest Expression
- Head: Creativity
- Heart: Compassion
- Gut: Courage
Each Brain’s Primary Function
- Head: Intellectually make sense of the world, provide executive control
- Heart: Salience, Affection, Morals
- Gut: Protection, self-preservation, boundary detection, motivation
- Quality questions create a quality life
- When fear is present, wisdom cannot be
- Hate hurts the person who does the most hating
- Forgiveness is a not an emotion, its a choice
- Knowledge comes from a simple perspective. Wisdom comes from multiple perspectives.